December 16-18, 2019 SUAI will hold the III International Workshop on Language, Music and Computing.
Aims of the workshop: to encourage interdisciplinary communication and collaboration of linguists, musicians and IT-specialists in the sphere of some actual problems, among which are the following:
1. Language and music acquisition; influence of music skills on language acquisition and language processing; influence of linguistic skills on music acquisition; relationship between music and language training.
2. Linguistic and music knowledge, their structure and functioning; explicit and implicit knowledge of music and language; similarities and differences in understanding of music and language.
3. Automatic classification of linguistic and music knowledge; formal models of linguistic and music knowledge; musical information retrieval vs. linguistic information retrieval.
This year special topics of the workshop are:
– Electroacoustic music and music informatics
– Sound corpora in music and linguistics
Languages of the conference:
Russian & English
1. Tatiana Chernigovskaya, Russia
2. Jonah Katz, USA
3. Damian Blasi, Switzerland/USA