The Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAI) is engaged in active co-operation with international scientific and educational institutions, involved in the European scientific and research programs, collaborating with the European Space Agency ESA/ESTEC, Universities of China, Europe, the USA, Canada:
- Beijing Aerospace University (PRC),
- Nanjing Aerospace University (PRC),
- Xian Aerospace University (PRC),
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA),
- Indiana State University (USA),
- State University of New York at Stony Brook (USA),
- Universite of Franche-Comte (France),
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland),
- Instituto Superior Formación ó Empresa (Spain),
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics (Hungary),
- Ben-Gurion University of Negev (Israel)
- Riga Technical University (Latvia),
- Turku University of Applied Sciences (Finland),
- Wageningen University (Netherlands),
- University of Wolverhampton (UK).
Every year students, undergraduates, graduates and young SUAI scientists are offered course and internship programs in foreign universities, participate in joint Russian-US student seminars (in cooperation with the Indiana State University) and in exchange programs with French Graduate Engineering School (ENSEA), the Superior School of Electrical Engineers (ESIGELEC) and the Paris Institute of Electronics (ISEP). Academic exchange programs with the Universities of Finland have been carried out since 2013 (FIRST program).
SUAI scientific teams participate in the following European programs:
- 7th Framework Program
The Laboratory of Computational Linguistics (Faculty of Humanities at SUAI) was established in cooperation with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The Laboratory conducts scientific studies and magisterial work in the field of language computational processing.
Laboratory’s main interests are as follows:
- machine translation
- computer-aided translation systems
- machine learning.
Open lectures are regularly delivered by reknown foreign professors and lecturers. In the 2013-2014 academic year guest lecturers were:
- Professor Jean-Pierre Contzen, Institute of Fluid Out of Pocket (Belgium),
- Professor Taco van Someren, head of the YNNOVATE company (Netherlands),
- Professor Constantin Orasan, University of Wolverhampton (UK),
- Professor Sabine Iatridou, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA),
- Professor John Frederick Bailyn, Stony Brook University (USA),
- Professor Wolf Schmid, Hamburg University (Germany),
- Professor Luis Anaya Merchant, National Autonomous University of Morelos’ State (Mexico).
In the 2014-2015 academic year guest lecturers were:
- Professor Martin Alois Rohrmeier, Dresden Technical University (Germany),
- Professor John Frederick Bailyn, Stony Brook University of New York (USA),
- Professor Klaus Schilling, Würzburg University, Julius-Maximilians (Germany),
Professor Gerald W. Cockrell (Indiana State University, USA) has been holding distant seminars on Project Management for SUAI students for a number years.
SUAI successfully co-operates with the leading Universities of the People’s Republic of China, namely the Beijing Aerospace University, the Nanjing Aerospace University, the Harbin Institute of Technology, the Henan University, the Zhenzhou State University.
SUAI students are involved in student exchange programs with Chinese universities, following co-operation programs of PRC and RF. In 2014 four SUAI students of Humanities took a term-long course at the Beijing Aerospace University, in spring 2015 one student of Innovation and Basic Master’s Training, in autumn 2015 another student of Innovative Technologies in Electromechanical and Power Engineering attended classes at the Beijing Aerospace University.
SUAI students participated in Beijing-based the Russian-Chinese cultural exchange program and the International Collegiate Design and Innovation Competition (ICDIC) held by the Beijing Aerospace University in summer 2014 and 2015. SUAI student projects twice became prize-winning.
Certificate of Achievement. Third Prize for exñållånt group pårformanñe in thå Intårnational Dåsign and Innovation Compåtition (ICDIC) of 2015, Beijing
Every year SUAI’s Chinese partner universities offer Master and Postgraduate programs for SUAI students under the Chinese Government Scholarship Scheme. At present one SUAI undergraduate is enrolled in Master program at the Beijing Aerospace University, two other undergraduates, at the Nanjing Aerospace University.
In April 1999 the UNESCO Engineering Distance Education Department was set up in SUAI within the framework of UNITWIN / UNÅSCÎ Department Program under the supervision of Prof. A. A. Ovodenko. It is both a center for gaining advanced experience and an experimental site for distance technical education.
Interactive educational and testing systems in sciences have been developed for the Department to gain experience in distant education and advanced technical teaching.
For more information see – unesco.SUAI.ru
The Russian Section of the International Society of Automation (ISA) was established in 1994 and in 1995 the first ISA student group, first in Europe and the only one in Russia, was organized.
In 2002 ISA Headquarters for the Russian Federation was set at SUAI, the University library housing the ISA Knowledge Center. SUAI students are regular participants in Student Universal Instrument-Making Games, an annual US-based contest.
SUAI students, representing both Russian Federation and the EU, were awarded gold, silver and bronze medals.
SUAI also erforms in the capacity of the TEMPUS (Trans-European Mobility Program for University Studies) co-ordinator
Also SUAI is a co-ordinator in TEMPUS (Trans-European Mobility Programme for University Studies)